APS : Tuesday, 06 February 2018
ALGIERS- Energy Minister Mustapha Guitouni held a meeting on Tuesday in Doha (Qatar) with the General Secretary of the Gas Exporting Countries Forum-GECF Yury P. Sentyurin.
The two officials discussed the project of the establishment of a Gas Research Institute in Algeria, said Energy Ministry in a communiqué.
During the meeting, Guitouni and Yury P. Sentyurin have discussed the roadmap elaborated by the GECF with a view to establish a Gas Research Institute in Algeria as soon as possible.
During the 19th GECF meeting, held last October in Moscow, the members of this Forum decided to create the GECF Gas Research Institute in Algeria.
This decision has been endorsed at the GECF Heads of State Summit held in Bolivia in November 2017.
Moreover, Guitouni and the General Secretary discussed the GECF strategic objectives and the mechanisms to be set up so to enable the member countries to independently plan and manage the development, the use and the preservation of gas resources.
In this regard, the minister insisted on the need to make of the GECF “a genuine force of proposal, expertise and advice in favour of the gas industry.”
Guitouni also insisted on the need to encourage dialogue between gas producing and consuming countries “in order to ensure stability and transparency of gas market and fair price for all the players in the gas chain,” added the communiqué.
- Benabderrahmane represents President Tebboune in 17th AU Extraordinary Summit on Industrialization
- Algeria vigorously condemns terrorist attack on Chad security forces
- Algeria partakes in 28th International Travel Show in Poland
- (Français) Réunion préparatoire du Sommet extraordinaire de l’UA sur l’industrialisation : Lamamra met en avant l’expérience de l’Algérie
- Holding of 7th session of political consultations between Algeria, Argentina