APS : Sunday, 14 October 2018
ALGIERS-Energy Minister, Mustapha Guitouni said Sunday in Algiers that all long-term gas marketing contracts will be renegotiated.
“All gas marketing contracts will be revised and negotiations will be firm,” said Guitouni in a conference-debate held ahead of the inauguration of the new headquarters of the National Agency for the Valorization of Hydrocarbon Resources (ALNAFT).
Stressing that contracts are “negotiable,” Guitouni emphasized European clients’ trust in Algeria as it “has always fulfilled” its commitments.
In last July, Sonatrach group signed an agreement with Eni in Milan. The two parties agreed to enter into commercial negotiations with a view to assessing the extension of gas supply beyond the contractual deadline in 2019.
Moreover, the group sealed agreements in June to renew the contracts for the sale of natural gas to Spain with Gas Natural Fenosa until 2030.
These agreements should enable Sonatrach to strengthen its position as the main gas supplier to the Spanish market and enhance cooperation ties with its long-standing partner Gas Natural Fenosa.
- Algeria, Mauritania reaffirm determination to strengthen bilateral cooperation
- UN: Algeria calls for promotion of peace, stability worldwide
- Lamamra received by Mauritanian President
- Lamamra received by Niger’s Prime Minister Mahamadou Ouhoumoudou in Niamey
- Lamamra received in Niamey by President Mohamed Bazoum