APS : Wednesday, 02 May 2018
ALGIERS – Algeria’s cement industry group (GICA) carried out its first cement export to Europe in late April, said Wednesday the Ministry of Industry and Mining in a communiqué.
A total of 45,000 tonnes of cement clinker was exported to Europe through GICA Group’s subsidiary for building material distribution, said the communiqué.
This operation is part of the agreement on the export of 200,000 clinker by the GICA Group to the European market, added the communiqué.
Discussions are underway with other customers for the export of the Group’s products to African and European countries, said the Ministry.
In 2017, GICA Group has achieved a record cement production with nearly 14 million tonnes against 12,6 million tonnes in 2016.
The cement Group seeks to increase its production up to 20 million tonnes by 2020.
- Minister ATTAF receives the Special Representative of the Secretary-General and Head of the United Nations Mission in Libya
- Mr. Attaf received by President of the Republic of Sierra Leone in Equatorial Guinea
- Minister ATTAF holds talks with his counterpart from the Republic of Equatorial Guinea
- Mr. Attaf receives phone call from Tunisian, and Mauritanian counterparts and meets Libya’s FM in Equatorial Guinea
- Mr Attaf holds talks with his Congolese counterpart in Equatorial Guinea