APS : Saturday, 01 December 2018
ALGIERS- Lieutenant General Ahmed Gaid Salah, the deputy minister of National Defense, chief of Staff of the People’s National Army, will pay an official visit to the United Arab Emirates and Qatar from Saturday,
the ministry of National defense said in a statement.
“Following the approval of His Excellency Mr President of the Republic, Supreme Commander of the Armed Forces, Minister of National Defense, Lieutenant General Ahmed Gaid Salah, deputy minister of the National Defense and chief of Staff of the People’s National Army, will make an official visit to the United Arab Emirates on 1-4 December 2018, at the invitation of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces, to attend the celebration of the 47thNational Day of the United Arab Emirates, on 2 December 2018,” the statement said.
The visit will be an “opportunity to discuss the bilateral military cooperation and the means to extend it to other fields of activity so as to serve the common interests of both countries.”
In addition, the Lieutenant general will pay an official visit to Qatar, 4-6 December 2018, at the invitation of His Excellency Dr Khaled bin Mohamed Al Attiyah, minister of State to Defense, according to the statement.
The visit will be an occasion “to discuss ways and methods of cooperation between the two armies,” the
- President Tebboune receives Coordinator for Middle East, North Africa at US National Security Council
- (Français) Le président Tebboune reçoit les chefs des délégations au Colloque sur “le droit d’accès” à la “justice constitutionnelle”
- Algeria strongly condemns massacre perpetrated in DR Congo
- (Français) L’Algérie abrite la 9e conférence de haut niveau sur la paix et la sécurité en Afrique
- Algeria-Jordan: Need to expand bilateral cooperation