« The Well » movie at the Sofia Menar Film Festival
The Algerian movie that will be presented at the Sofia Menar Film Festival this year is entitled «The Well» (Le Puits).
This movie produced by Lotfi Bouchouchi is the official submission of Algeria for the ‘Best Foreign Language Film’ category at the 89th Academy Awards in 2017.
Set during the Algerian War of Independence, the French army surrounds a southern Algerian village where they believe the algerian rebels are being hidden and force the inhabitants to either find a way out or die of thirst.
Director: Lotfi BOUCHOUCHI
Author: Yacine BENELHADJ
Actors: Nadia Kaci, Laurent Maurel, Layla Metssitane
The official presentaion of the algerian film will be on January 16th at 7 pm, in the Cinema House (Dom na kinoto), 37 Ekzarkh Yosif str.
- Algeria “strongly” condemns terrorist attack in Burkina Faso
- Algeria steps up fight against illegal fishing, says FAO
- President Tebboune receives Head of Libyan Government of National Unity
- Libya’s al-Mangouche welcomes Algeria’s “unrelenting efforts” to protecting Libya’s sovereignty
- Algeria stands in “full” solidarity with Libyan people, asserts Boukadoum