« The Well » movie at the Sofia Menar Film Festival
The Algerian movie that will be presented at the Sofia Menar Film Festival this year is entitled «The Well» (Le Puits).
This movie produced by Lotfi Bouchouchi is the official submission of Algeria for the ‘Best Foreign Language Film’ category at the 89th Academy Awards in 2017.
Set during the Algerian War of Independence, the French army surrounds a southern Algerian village where they believe the algerian rebels are being hidden and force the inhabitants to either find a way out or die of thirst.
Director: Lotfi BOUCHOUCHI
Author: Yacine BENELHADJ
Actors: Nadia Kaci, Laurent Maurel, Layla Metssitane
The official presentaion of the algerian film will be on January 16th at 7 pm, in the Cinema House (Dom na kinoto), 37 Ekzarkh Yosif str.
- Lamamra partakes in 76th session of UN General Assembly
- President Tebboune receives Vice President of Libyan Presidential Council
- Lamamra, V. Muraleedharan discuss issues of common interest
- Algeria, Mauritania reaffirm determination to strengthen bilateral cooperation
- UN: Algeria calls for promotion of peace, stability worldwide