APS : Thursday, 20 April 2017
BENGHAZI (Libya)- Minister of Maghreb Affairs, African Union and Arab League Abdelkader Messahel discussed Wednesday, in Benghazi (east of Libya),
with the Field Marchal Khalifa Hafter as part of his tour to Libya for a political settlement to the Libyan crisis.
Accompanied by a large delegation, Messahel arrived Wednesday in Benghazi, second stage of his tour that he started in the city of El Bayda (east of Libya). He was received by Marchal Khalifa Hafter at the headquarters of the Libyan Arab Armed Forces.
The meeting focused on the latest developments on the Libyan political scene and the need to support the inter-Libyan dialogue far from any foreign interference on the basis of the political agreement and national reconciliation.
Messahel had already met with the Speaker of the Libyan Parliament Akila Salah in the city of El Bayda (east of Libya) where he underlined that “Algeria’s message through this tour is clear: There is no alternative to the inter-Libyan consensual political settlement without foreign interference,” underlining “a possible revision of the political agreement on the basis of proposals made by the Libyan parties.”
- (Français) Forum sur la contribution de la Femme Algérienne dans le développement de l’économie
- Commemorating National Migration Day
- Benabderrahmane receives Saudi Foreign Minister in Belgrade
- Algeria’s tree in Belgrade: Tribute to Algiers’ role in supporting NAM
- Serbian president highlights Algeria’s historical role in NAM’s creation