ALGIERS- Algeria remains “convinced” that fighting terrorism requires “combining” the efforts and means of the entire international community, affirmed Wednesday, in Algiers, Minister of Maghreb, African Union and Arab League Affairs Abdelkader Messahel.
“Algeria is convinced that the fight against terrorism and its ideological aspects is a long-term work, which requires combining the efforts of the entire international community,” said Messahel in a speech at the opening of the international conference on the fight against violent extremism and de-radicalisation.
Algeria which remains “concerned” about the rise of extremists, will join its efforts with those of the international community to fight against this scourge,” he said.
“Aware of its responsibilities, Algeria has regularly taken regional and international initiatives, like the organization of the international conference on the fight against violent extremism and de-radicalisation, so that to contribute to the protection against the terrorist threat,” added Messahel.
Algeria’s action focuses on maintaining a “close coordination” between the institutions in charge of fighting terrorism, as well as on training programmes, exchange of information and supplying equipment, he underlined.
- Algeria: Security Council must adopt “firm position” to end occupation in Palestine
- Boukadoum takes part in OIC ministerial meeting on Palestine
- Occupied al Quds: Algeria leads Arab efforts to convene Security Council emergency meeting
- President Tebboune holds phone conversation with Tunisian counterpart
- President Tebboune receives phone call from Turkish counterpart Recep Tayyip Erdogan