ALGIERS- The United Nations Under-Secretary-General and head of the Department of Political Affairs, Jeffrey Feltman underlined Wednesday in Algiers Algeria’s key role for the settlement of the Libyan crisis, adding that the rounds of the inter-Libyan dialogue that took place in Algeria were an “important stage” of the negotiation process.
“I examined with Messahel various regional issues and I expressed to him the congratulations of the United States and teh support of the UN for the key role played by Algeria for the settlement of the crisis in Libya,” Feltman told the press at the end of his discussions with Minister of Maghreb Affairs, African Union, and the Arab League Abdelkader Messahel.
He added that the negotiation rounds held in Algeria were an “important stage” in the peace process and will help reach a political solution to the crisis in Libya.
He also underlined Algeria’s key role in the African continent and all over the world.
The UN official expressed satisfaction at the support provided by Libya to all UN representatives, especially the UN Special Envoy for Libya, Bernardino Leon.
- (Français) اعلان هـــام للصحفيين البلغار
- (Français) Journée mondiale du travail: Message du président de la République aux travailleurs algériens
- Blinken commends Algeria’s role in promoting stability in Sahel, Libya
- Boukadoum holds phone talks with American counterpart
- (العربية) اعلان هـــام للصحفيين البلغار