ALGIERS- Algeria has “vigorously” condemned the triple suicide bombing that targeted Saturday the weekly market on Loulou Fou, an island in Lake Chad, said the spokesman of Foreign Affairs Ministry Abdelaziz Benali Cherif.
“We vigorously condemn the triple suicide bombing that targeted Saturday the market of Loulou Fou in the island of Lake Chad,” said Benali Cherif in a statement to APS.
“We offer our sincere condolences to the families of the victims of this appalling crime. We express our solidarity with the Chad brotherly people and reaffirm our support to the Chad’s government in its fight against terrorism,” he added.
“We welcome the efforts undertaken by the sub-region’s countries notably as part of their common strategy aimed at eradicating terrorist threat to their region and the entire African continent,” concluded the spokesman of the Foreign Affairs Ministry.
- Algeria, Mauritania reaffirm determination to strengthen bilateral cooperation
- UN: Algeria calls for promotion of peace, stability worldwide
- Lamamra received by Mauritanian President
- Lamamra received by Niger’s Prime Minister Mahamadou Ouhoumoudou in Niamey
- Lamamra received in Niamey by President Mohamed Bazoum