The International Day of Africa celebrates anniversary of the signing of the Treaty of the Organization of African Unity on 25th May 1963, became the African Union since 2002.
The celebration of this event is an opportunity for each country to organize different activities in order to promote reconciliation among the African peoples on the one hand, and between them and other peoples of the world, on the other hand. This day now is a deeply rooted tradition in all African countries and represents a symbol of the struggle of the African continent for the liberation, development and economic progress.
The celebration in 2015 in Bulgaria was organized under the patronage of the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Mr. Daniel MITOV jointly with the members of the African Group, accredited in Sofia including the embassies of Algeria, Egypt, Morocco, Nigeria, Sudan and South Africa and the Honorary Consulates of Kenya, Mali, Uganda and Seychelles.
The ceremony, celebrating this event in Bulgaria, held in “Sense Hotel” Sofia, has experienced strong Bulgarian official participation including that of Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs, Valentin PORYAZOV.
African traditional dishes and an exhibition of African arts and crafts were beautifully arranged for the occasion.
- Algeria: Security Council must adopt “firm position” to end occupation in Palestine
- Boukadoum takes part in OIC ministerial meeting on Palestine
- Occupied al Quds: Algeria leads Arab efforts to convene Security Council emergency meeting
- President Tebboune holds phone conversation with Tunisian counterpart
- President Tebboune receives phone call from Turkish counterpart Recep Tayyip Erdogan