ALGIERS-Algeria will take part in the meeting of senior officials on Tuesday and Wednesday in Rome, co-chaired by Italy and the United States, as part of preparations for the next summit on the fight against violent extremism expected in September in New York, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MAE) said Monday in a communiqué.
“As part of the preparations for the next summit on the fight against violent extremism to be held next September in New York, on the sidelines of the General Assembly of the United Nations, Algeria will take part in the Senior Officials Meeting to be held in Rome on 28 and 29 July 2015, co-chaired by Italy and the United States,” said the source.
The Ambassador advisor to the cabinet of the Minister of Maghreb Affairs, the African Union and the League of Arab States, Riache El-Haoues will represent Algeria at the meeting “which will review progress in the implementation of the recommendations of the Washington summit in February on the fight against violent extremism,” the source noted.
Riache will present the conclusions of the international conference on the fight against violent extremism and de-radicalization policies held in Algiers from 22 to 23 July, the source concluded.
- Algeria-China: Timetable for implementation of bilateral priority agreements
- Algeria-China: Convergence of views on many international issues
- President Tebboune receives Chinese Foreign Minister
- Lamamra calls for strengthening Algeria’s role to achieve peace
- Lamamra, Jordanian counterpart hold phone conversation on situation in Arab region