APS : Tuesday, 19 July 2016
KIGALI (Rwanda) – Minister of Maghreb Affairs, African Union and Arab league Abdelkader Messahel said Monday in Kigali, Rwanda, that the special distinction bestowed by the African Union on Algeria is a “recognition for its performances” in promoting the role of women in the country’s development.
The African Union, at the closing ceremony of the 27th Heads of State and Government Summit, bestowed on Algeria a special award, “the award of awards,” in recognition for President of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika’s efforts for the promotion of women’s role in society.
“Today, Africa acknowledges Algeria’s achievements made in a very small time in promoting women’s role in various areas, including the political, economic and social,” Messahel told reporters on the sidelines of AU Summit.
Algeria also received an award in recognition of the efforts made by President Bouteflika in promoting women’s rights and for the economic and social development.
- Celebration of National Remembrance Day – May 08, 1945
- (Français) اعلان هـــام للصحفيين البلغار
- (Français) Journée mondiale du travail: Message du président de la République aux travailleurs algériens
- Blinken commends Algeria’s role in promoting stability in Sahel, Libya
- Boukadoum holds phone talks with American counterpart