ALGIERS- President of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika sent a message of condolences to Emir of Kuwait Sheikh Sabah Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah after the attack on El Imam Sadek mosque, causing several casualties.
“Following this hateful attack, I extend on behalf of the Algerian people and government and on my own behalf my sincere condolences to your highness and to all Al Sabah family as well as all the brotherly Kuwaiti people,” wrote President Bouteflika in his message.
“I pray Almighty God to grant his holy mercy to the victims and consolation to you and to the victims’ families, wishing a speedy recovery to the injured,” added President Bouteflika.
President Bouteflika reiterated in his message “Algeria’s indignation and condemnation in the strongest terms of this despicable terrorist attack and its full solidarity with Kuwait in this tragic circumstance.”
“I would like to reaffirm Algeria’s position rejecting terrorism in all its forms and aspects and its call to the need to combine the efforts of the international community to face this dangerous scourge and put an end to the barbaric crimes which show that the perpetrators are completely without humanity and that they are extraneous to the precepts of our holy religion,” wrote President Bouteflika in his message.
- Lamamra received by Tunisian President, Kais Saied
- Chairman of Libya’s Presidential Council on official visit to Algeria Wednesday
- Hood: Algeria-US views on Libya crisis resolution convergent
- Biden administration seeks to cooperate with Algeria “on common goals,” says Hood
- President Tebboune receives phone call from Tunisian counterpart