Bulgaria’s Foreign Minister Nickolay Mladenov embarked on a two-day working visit to Algeria at the invitation of the Algerian Minister of Foreign Affairs Mourad Medelci on Tuesday, 19 February 2013.
At his arrival at the Houari Boumediene International Airport where he was welcomed by his Algerian counterpart, Mr. Mladenov hailed Algeria’s role in guaranteeing security in North Africa and seeking a solution to the crisis in Mali.
‘I have much respect for the major reforms that Algeria has launched recently in various fields and for this country’s fight against terrorism (in the 1990s)’, he pointed out.
This visit is an opportunity for the two ministers to assess bilateral cooperation and explore the ways for its further development, as well as to exchange views on regional and international political issues of common interest such as those of the Sahel, the Middle East, and the Mediterranean.
This two-day visit stems from the two countries’ willingness to deepen their political dialogue and consultations and reinvigorate bilateral cooperation. Bulgaria and Algeria have recently celebrated the 50th anniversary of the establishment of bilateral diplomatic relations.
- Boukadoum réaffirme le soutien inconditionnel de l’Algérie au peuple palestinien
- Le Président Tebboune félicite Guterres pour sa réélection à la tête de l’ONU
- Forum d’Antalya sur la diplomatie: Boukadoum participe à deux débats
- Forum économique algéro-libyen et Foire des produits algériens destinés au marché libyen: Cérémonie en l’honneur des organisateurs
- L’Algérie accorde une importance particulière au rôle de l’information dans la défense des questions arabes