Algeria and Germany signed on May 7, 2013 in Berlin the minutes of the 3rd session of the Joint Economic Committee, in the presence of Cherif Rahmani, Minister of Industry, SMEs, and Investment Promotion.
During this meeting, attended on the German side by Anne Ruth Herkes, German Secretary of State for Economics and Technology, the two parties agreed to promote cooperation in order to improve the business environment between the two countries and initiate industry-oriented training programs based on the Dual Education System, aimed at young Algerians. Moreover, the two countries agreed to hold a forum on technological innovation in Algiers.
Minister Rahmani expressed support for the idea to have the German party launch ‘an Invest- in-Algeria mechanism to mobilize German entrepreneurs around the development of Algeria’s industry’.
Furthermore, he took part in a bilateral forum dedicated to economic partnership at which 100 economic operators and businessmen from the two countries discussed the opportunities for implementation of partnership projects.
In the margin of the meeting, the Algerian minister had a discussion with Philip Roesler, Minister of Economy and Technology, on the ways to develop ‘a mutually beneficial industrial partnership’.
As a reminder, the 1st session of the Joint Economic Committee was held in 2010 in Berlin in the presence of President Abdelaziz Bouteflika and German Chancellor Angela Merkel.
- Boukadoum réaffirme le soutien inconditionnel de l’Algérie au peuple palestinien
- Le Président Tebboune félicite Guterres pour sa réélection à la tête de l’ONU
- Forum d’Antalya sur la diplomatie: Boukadoum participe à deux débats
- Forum économique algéro-libyen et Foire des produits algériens destinés au marché libyen: Cérémonie en l’honneur des organisateurs
- L’Algérie accorde une importance particulière au rôle de l’information dans la défense des questions arabes