APS : Monday, 19 December 2016
ORAN – The 4th High-Level Seminar on Peace and Security in Africa ended Monday in Oran (431-km west of Algiers) with a consensus on the mechanisms likely to strengthen coordination between African and the United Nations and support the peacekeeping mechanisms in the continent.
In his closing address, Minister of State, Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation Ramtane Lamamra hailed the commitment of African and international partner “to strengthening the continent’s capacities to find and implement solutions of Africa’s problems.”
He said that Oran’s seminar was a success as it has consolidated the continent’s contribution to the preservation of peace and security in the world.”
The last session of the 4th High-Level Seminar on Peace and Security in Africa was devoted to the assessment of the coordination between the A3 mechanisms, which are considered as frontline mechanisms of African joint diplomatic action within the United Nations.
- Lamamra, Jerandi discuss epidemiological situation in phone conversation
- Lamamra-Di Maio phone talks on key partnership-related events
- Algeria-China: Timetable for implementation of bilateral priority agreements
- Algeria-China: Convergence of views on many international issues
- President Tebboune receives Chinese Foreign Minister