APS : Tuesday, 12 April 2016
MONTREAL (Canada)- Algerian movies are to compete in the 32nd international film festival Vues d’Afrique, to run from 17 to 24 April, in Montreal, Canada, according to organizers.
Feature films Madame Courage (2015), by Merzak Allouach, and the Well (2015), by Lotfi Bouchouchi, the documentary “Fi Rassi rond-point” (Roundabout in My Head), by Hassan Ferhani (2015), and Amine Sidi-Boumediene’s short film Serial K. (2014) are among the 33 movies, from Africa and Europe, competing at the festival.
“El Djazair mon amour,” an Algerian-Canadian project made up of fiction short films and documentaries, is scheduled at the non-competition section.
The fiction feature-length film “Border of the Sky,” by Tunisian filmmaker Fares Naana, will be screened on the opening day of the festival, which will focus on Tunisian film industry.
A tribute is to be paid to Canadian filmmaker (of Haitian origin) Martine Chartrand.
- Celebration of National Remembrance Day – May 08, 1945
- (Français) اعلان هـــام للصحفيين البلغار
- (Français) Journée mondiale du travail: Message du président de la République aux travailleurs algériens
- Blinken commends Algeria’s role in promoting stability in Sahel, Libya
- Boukadoum holds phone talks with American counterpart