APS : Tuesday, 12 April 2016
MONTREAL (Canada)- Algerian movies are to compete in the 32nd international film festival Vues d’Afrique, to run from 17 to 24 April, in Montreal, Canada, according to organizers.
Feature films Madame Courage (2015), by Merzak Allouach, and the Well (2015), by Lotfi Bouchouchi, the documentary “Fi Rassi rond-point” (Roundabout in My Head), by Hassan Ferhani (2015), and Amine Sidi-Boumediene’s short film Serial K. (2014) are among the 33 movies, from Africa and Europe, competing at the festival.
“El Djazair mon amour,” an Algerian-Canadian project made up of fiction short films and documentaries, is scheduled at the non-competition section.
The fiction feature-length film “Border of the Sky,” by Tunisian filmmaker Fares Naana, will be screened on the opening day of the festival, which will focus on Tunisian film industry.
A tribute is to be paid to Canadian filmmaker (of Haitian origin) Martine Chartrand.
- Croatia’s FM hails Algeria’s peacemaking efforts in region
- President Tebboune receives Croatian Foreign Minister
- Croatian FM dubs Algeria as key partner, commends its role in region’s stability
- Benabderrahmane received by Tunisian president
- President Tebboune receives president of State of Palestine