The Minister of Foreign Affairs Mourad Medelci held talks on Tuesday at the El-Mithaq Residence in Algiers with his Bulgarian Counterpart Nickolay Mladenov who is on a two-day visit to Algeria accompanied by a business delegation.
The face-to-face talks were followed by a meeting of the two countries’ delegations.
Cooperation and security in the Mediterranean region were also on the agenda.
On Tuesday in Algiers, Bulgaria’s Foreign Minister Nickolay Mladenov praised Algeria’s ‘balanced and moderate’ position on Mali crisis, emphasizing the importance of a political solution to the conflict in this country.
‘We have much respect forAlgeria’s balanced and moderate position onMalicrisis’, Mr. Mladenov said at a joint press conference he gave together with his Algerian counterpart Mourad Medelci.
According to him, this conflict is ‘a danger and a threat’ to Africa and even toEurope.
‘We are trying to find an effective solution’, he said, noting that a solution to the conflict is sought not only though the military option but also by political means which is important in order to achieve stability in Mali.
The Bulgarian minister reported on his country’s effort within the European Union (EU) to find an approach to Mali crisis that balances the military, political, and humanitarian dimensions.
- Algeria-China: Timetable for implementation of bilateral priority agreements
- Algeria-China: Convergence of views on many international issues
- President Tebboune receives Chinese Foreign Minister
- Lamamra calls for strengthening Algeria’s role to achieve peace
- Lamamra, Jordanian counterpart hold phone conversation on situation in Arab region