APS : Sunday, 10 April 2022
ALGIERS-Algeria topped African countries (54th place) among 113 countries in the world, and improved significantly its raking compared to 2019, according to the Global Food Security Index (GFSI).
According to the Economist Impact website, which released the second GFSI ranking of 113 countries, Algeria topped African countries.
Algeria improved its ranking after it scored 63.9 points out of 100, that is to say, 77.9 points for accessibility, 58 points for availability and 62 points for quality and food safety and finally 50.7 points for natural resources and resilience.
According to the same document, Algeria has recorded an upward trend in food security since 2012, which improved its ranking from 70th place in 2019 to 58th in 2020, and 54th in 2021.
The Global food safety initiative (GFSI), developed by the Economist Intelligence Unit with support from Cortiva Agriscience, measures food security at the country level based on criteria on food availability, quality and safety natural resources and resilience in 113 countries around the world.
The top ten places in the global food security ranking for the year 2021 include Ireland, Austria, the United Kingdom, Finland, Switzerland, the Netherlands, Canada, Japan, France and the United States.
- (Français) Le Président Tebboune adresse un message écrit à l’Emir de l’Etat du Qatar
- (Français) Algérie-Italie : de nouveaux acquis dans le processus de renforcement des relations stratégiques
- (Français) Le Président Tebboune souligne la convergence des vues entre l’Algérie et l’Italie autour des questions régionales
- (Français) Giorgia Meloni: l’Algérie, partenaire important et fiable de l’Italie
- President Tebboune: Algeria intends to strengthen its strategic partnership with Italy