APS : Thursday, 23 February 2017
ALGIERS- Democracy in Algeria was a strategic choice in the fight against terrorism and violent extremism, said Thursday in Algiers Minister of Maghreb Affairs, African Union and Arab League Abdelkader Messahel.
During the audience granted to a US delegation made up of senior officials and top Army officers, who are on a visit to Algeria, Messahel said “democracy in Algeria is a strategic choice in the fight against terrorism and violent extremism, and driven by the same vision in the fight against radicalization.”
Messahel added that the “consolidation of democratic principles” is based on an approach advocated by President of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika, with a view to establishing the rule of law and democratic values in the practices of institutions.
“Algeria is ready to share this experience with other countries, as it has done for deradicalization,” said Messahel.
- Celebration of National Remembrance Day – May 08, 1945
- (Français) اعلان هـــام للصحفيين البلغار
- (Français) Journée mondiale du travail: Message du président de la République aux travailleurs algériens
- Blinken commends Algeria’s role in promoting stability in Sahel, Libya
- Boukadoum holds phone talks with American counterpart