APS : Wednesday, 06 October 2021
BAMAKO-The fate of Algeria and that of Mali “are closely linked” and both countries are determined to work together in order to address common problems, stressed the Minister of Foreign Affairs and National Community Abroad,
“It is quite clear that the fate of Algeria and Mali are closely linked. We can only show our strong solidarity with Mali and we work together to resolve our problems so that we can move forwards with trust, courage and determination. We are convinced that the solution is in our hands,” Lamamra told the press ahead of his talks with Mali’s PM in Bamako.
Recalling historical ties between the two states, Lamamra emphasized Mali’s support to the Algerian Revolution by allowing the members of the National Liberation Army (ALN) to create a front in this Sahel country.
The Algerians read on their history books about Mali’s priceless contribution through the sovereign decision taken by President Modibo Keita in 1960, just after the country’s independence, to allow ALN members to create a front against colonialism so that Algeria becomes independent, an unavoidable independence in 1960 after years of struggle and sacrifice,” stressed the FM.
“This front line from Mali was a historical achievement that bases a real solidarity in hardships, and Algeria today is faithful to its liberation epic and remains grateful to the Malian people for this historic position,” stressed Lamamra.
The FM, Special envoy of the President of the Republic Abdelmadjid Tebboune, said he visited Bamako to “show the solidarity of Algeria with the people and government of Mali.”
- (Français) Le Président Tebboune adresse un message écrit à l’Emir de l’Etat du Qatar
- (Français) Algérie-Italie : de nouveaux acquis dans le processus de renforcement des relations stratégiques
- (Français) Le Président Tebboune souligne la convergence des vues entre l’Algérie et l’Italie autour des questions régionales
- (Français) Giorgia Meloni: l’Algérie, partenaire important et fiable de l’Italie
- President Tebboune: Algeria intends to strengthen its strategic partnership with Italy