APS : Thursday, 03 November 2022
ALGIERS -Algeria welcomed Thursday the signing by the Ethiopian government and the Tigray People’s Liberation Front of an agreement ending hostilities, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and National Community
Abroad said in a statement.
“Algeria, which closely follows the events in Ethiopia, welcomes the signing by the Ethiopian government and the Tigrayan People’s Liberation Front of an agreement ending hostilities,” the ministry said.
“Algeria hails the commitment of both parties to safeguard the sovereignty and territorial integrity of Ethiopia and to restore constitutional order in the Tigray region,” the statement said.
According to the same source, “the signing of this agreement is welcomed because it contributes to put an end to fratricidal clashes and to launch a dynamic of restoration of harmonious coexistence in the region of Tigray and between the various human components of Ethiopia.
The statement stressed that “Algeria welcomes this salutary event for the brotherly Ethiopian people and encourages the signatory parties to ensure an effective implementation of the agreement.”
Finally, “Algeria pays a fair tribute to the African Union (AU) and the Troika of mediators whose commitment and perseverance led to this eloquent demonstration of the validity of the principle of African solutions to African problems.”
- President Tebboune receives Coordinator for Middle East, North Africa at US National Security Council
- (Français) Le président Tebboune reçoit les chefs des délégations au Colloque sur “le droit d’accès” à la “justice constitutionnelle”
- Algeria strongly condemns massacre perpetrated in DR Congo
- (Français) L’Algérie abrite la 9e conférence de haut niveau sur la paix et la sécurité en Afrique
- Algeria-Jordan: Need to expand bilateral cooperation