APS : Monday, 14 November 2016
ALGIERS-Energy Minister Noureddine Boutarfa held discussions Monday in Algiers with General Manager of French group Engie Isabelle Kocher on the prospects of collaboration in the gas and renewable energy fields, the ministry announced in a communiqué.
During their meeting at the Energy ministry, “both parties broached relations between Engie group and Sonatrach group in the gas field and collaboration prospects between these two groups,” the communiqué added.
Boutarfa and Kocher discussed the current state of the international natural gas market and its evolutions, business opportunities and future prospects of investments in structuring projects in Algeria, particularly in the field of renewable energy, the same source said.
In this regard, Boutarfa evoked the new approach adopted by his sector to implement the national renewable energy and energy efficiency program.
The same official invited the Engie group to show interest in the call for investments the sector intends to implement plants for electricity generation from renewable resources with a 4,000 MW capacity “conditioned by the implementation of investments in the industrial field”.
- Algeria-China: Timetable for implementation of bilateral priority agreements
- Algeria-China: Convergence of views on many international issues
- President Tebboune receives Chinese Foreign Minister
- Lamamra calls for strengthening Algeria’s role to achieve peace
- Lamamra, Jordanian counterpart hold phone conversation on situation in Arab region