APS : Wednesday, 01 May 2019
ALGIERS- Algeria hopes to become a “reference” in the Mediterranean region and Africa in terms of engineering in hydrocarbon and energy industries, affirmed Energy Minister Mohamed Arkab,
according to a communiqué of his ministerial department.
He spoke in a meeting held Tuesday at the headquarters of his ministerial department with an American delegation led by the deputy chairman of the Group Pic Inc, specialized in advising and developing processes and procedures relating to hydrocarbon and energy industries, said the source.
The discussions focused on partnership opportunities between the American and Algerian companies, notably in the engineering, commissioning fields and other activity of assembly supervision and commissioning tests of energy industrial works, said the source.
In this respect, Arkab notably stressed “Algeria’s willingness to develop its engineering so as to become a reference in the Mediterranean region and Africa and also to export its knowledge and expertise.”
The minister also insisted on the training of human resources and opportunities to create centers of excellence in Algeria, devoted to hydrocarbons and energy.
- President Tebboune receives Coordinator for Middle East, North Africa at US National Security Council
- (Français) Le président Tebboune reçoit les chefs des délégations au Colloque sur “le droit d’accès” à la “justice constitutionnelle”
- Algeria strongly condemns massacre perpetrated in DR Congo
- (Français) L’Algérie abrite la 9e conférence de haut niveau sur la paix et la sécurité en Afrique
- Algeria-Jordan: Need to expand bilateral cooperation