APS : Tuesday, 25 January 2022
CAIRO- Egyptian President Abdel Fattah Al-Sissi hailed, Tuesday, Algeria’s efforts in the fight against terrorism in the Sahel-Sahara region in view of the challenges facing the region.
In a joint press conference with President of the Republic, Abdelmadjid Tebboune, President Al-Sissi praised “Algeria’s efforts in the fight against terrorism in the Sahel-Sahara region in view of the challenges facing the region.
“We agreed to strengthen joint efforts on the African scene and to continue coordination and cooperation at the level of the African Union (AU) to achieve prosperity and stability in Africa,” he added.
The Egyptian president reaffirmed the constant fight against terrorism “through cooperation, consultation, and coordination at all levels, including the achievement of inclusive development and rejection of foreign interference in the region.
The talks I had with President Tebboune were “intensive and constructive through which we discussed several bilateral, regional and international issues of common interest,” said Al-Sissi.
“These consultations reflect our common political will to strengthen the privileged relations between the two countries in various areas,” he concluded.
- UNGA: Process of building new Algeria continues resolutely under leadership of President Tebboune
- (Français) Les efforts de l’Algérie pour régler les crises internationales salués
- Lamamra holds talks with Chinese counterpart
- Lamamra received, in New York, by East Timor’s President
- Algerian diplomacy regains position, says President Tebboune