APS : THURSDAY 09 JANUARY 2020
ALGIERS- Egypt’s Foreign Minister Sameh Choukri reiterated Thursday, in Algiers, his country’s desire to develop the “historical” relations with Algeria and give a boost to the different bilateral
Speaking to reporters following an audience granted to him by President of the Republic Abdelmadjid Tebboune, Choukri said he conveyed a message to President Tebboune from his Egyptian counterpart, Abdel Fattah Al-Sissi, in which he expressed “the desire to strengthen historical relations between the two countries and work for the activation of the different existing mechanisms,” and raise the level of bilateral relations to meet the “aspirations of Algerian and Egyptian peoples.”
The Egyptian minister also passed on President Al-Sissi’s congratulations to President Tebboune, for his election as president of the Republic on December 12th, expressing wish of prosperity and well-being to the Algerian people.
In the meeting, the two sides stressed the “importance of coordination between the two countries to face the common challenges,” Choukri said, adding that the meeting focused on, the situation in Libya and “the shared interest of the two countries in reaching a political solution to spare the Libyan people conflicts.”
“We underlined the importance of joint action between the two countries to support our Libyan brothers and rejection of any foreign interference in this country,” he said.
“We do not accept any military presence, whatever it is, in the Libyan territories.”
- Belhimer: Algeria attaches particular importance to media role in defense of Arab questions
- (Français) Boukadoum prend part à la réunion consultative des ministres arabes des AE
- (Français) Patrimoine : Toufik Hamoum reconduit à la tête du Conseil consultatif de l’Unesco
- Renewable energy: Algeria has Africa’s third largest installed capacity in 2020
- Setting up by 2035 of strategy to combat desertification