In collaboration with the Bulgaria-Algeria Friendship Association, the Embassy of Algeria celebrated on August 21ST , 2017, at the House of the Architects in Sofia, the double anniversary of the mujahid Day (Freedom Fighter) (20 August 1955) and the Soummam Congress (August 20, 1956).
Before an audience composed of friends of Algeria, diplomats and fellow countrymen, H.E Mrs. Latifa BENAZZA, Ambassador of Algeria to Bulgaria stressed the relevance of these two historical dates of the Algerian Revolution to the Algerian people.
A minute of silence was observed in memory of the deceased Captain Vassil VALTCHANOV great friend of Algeria, who has played a remarkable role in the Algerian revolution.
A documentary film by the Bulgarian director Christo GANEV was screened on this occasion. Filmed in 1962, it records the life in the Algerian maquis, in the refugee camps in Tunisia and popular jubilations in Algiers following Algeria’s proclamation of independence.
- President Tebboune arrives in Ankara
- Assigned by President Tebboune, PM extends condolences to family of late Sheikh Khalifa
- President Tebboune congratulates new UAE president
- (Français) Visite d’Etat du président Tebboune en Turquie: consolider des relations entre les deux pays frères
- Algeria strongly condemns Terrorist attack in Togo