APS : MONDAY 16 SEPTEMBER 2019
ALGIERS- Minister of Trade Said Djellab examined Monday, in Algiers, with British Minister of State for International Trade Conor Burns the economic cooperation and partnership between the two countries,
as well as ways to strengthen them, in the light of UK exit from the EU (Brexit), said a communiqué of the Trade Ministry.
As part of the British official’s visit to Algeria to continue consultations on bilateral trade relations, “the two sides broached the excellent relations between the two countries,” added the source.
During these talks, Djellab reaffirmed that the British companies are welcomed in Algeria to invest in all fields, calling on the British partner to contribute to the increase of Algeria’s non-hydrocarbon export share by benefitting from the British experience in the field of exports.
The minister encouraged, in this respect, to set up more companies as part of the government’s strategy aimed at preserving the national economic balances and foreign exchange reserves and promoting the Algerian trade in the global and continental markets, said the source.
For his part, British Minister of State for International Trade underlined UK’s willingness to work for the extension of the economic relations, establishment of more partnerships, considering the hope of British companies and businessmen to enter the Algerian market and invest in Algeria, notably in the field of new technologies.
- (Français) Le Président Tebboune adresse un message écrit à l’Emir de l’Etat du Qatar
- (Français) Algérie-Italie : de nouveaux acquis dans le processus de renforcement des relations stratégiques
- (Français) Le Président Tebboune souligne la convergence des vues entre l’Algérie et l’Italie autour des questions régionales
- (Français) Giorgia Meloni: l’Algérie, partenaire important et fiable de l’Italie
- President Tebboune: Algeria intends to strengthen its strategic partnership with Italy