APS : Monday, 12 November 2018
ALGIERS- High Representative of the European Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy and Vice-President of the European Commission Federica Mogherini arrived Monday in Algiers,
for a visit to Algeria, ahead of the second High-Level Algeria-EU Dialogue meeting on Regional security and Counterterrorism, the ministry of Foreign Affairs said in a statement.
EU policy chief was received by Foreign Minister Abdelkader Messahel, with whom she will co-chair the second session of the High-Level Algeria-EU Dialogue, launched in October 2017 in Brussels.
The two sides “will tackle terrorist threats and their connection with cross border crime, and discuss ways and methods to deepen cooperation in the field,” according to the statement.
“They will also exchange views on the latest developments in relation to regional and international issues of common interest.”
The visit will be “an opportunity for the two sides to examine the state and prospects of their dense and overall bilateral relations, governed by an Association Agreement, to boost them in the mutual interest and in the face of the common security and development challenges.”
Those relations have “known a qualitative development as a result of the adoption of the common Priorities of Partnership, as regards the renovated European Neighborhood Policy.”
- (Français) Poste et Télécommunications : une application mobile sur la bataille d’Alger
- (Français) Révision Annuelle de la Liste Electorale
- Lamamra received by Tunisian President, as President Tebboune’s special envoy
- AU Extraordinary Summit: Algeria affirms its support for industrialization in Africa
- Benabderrahmane represents President Tebboune in 17th AU Extraordinary Summit on Industrialization