APS : Monday, 08 March 2021
ALGIERS- Minister of Justice Belkacem Zeghmati said Monday that Algeria announced its candidacy for the presidency of the special committee on the drafting of a comprehensive international convention
against the use of information and communications technologies (ICT) for criminal purposes.
Taking part in the 14th United Nations Congress on Crime Prevention and Criminal Justice in Kyoto, Japan, Zeghmati said that Algeria “is deeply concerned about the alarming rise in cybercrime, welcomes the establishment of the special committee to develop a comprehensive international convention on combating the criminal use of information and communications technologies (ICT), under UN General Assembly Resolution 74/247.”
He noted that Algeria had submitted its candidacy for the chairmanship of this committee.
The minister, who was speaking in a video conference, said that Algeria, while welcoming the theme chosen for the congress, “remains convinced that sustainable development and the supremacy of law are intimately linked.”
- (Français) Décès de Abdallah Lahbib Bilal: Tebboune présente ses condoléances à son homologue sahraoui
- President Tebboune, Kais Saied hold phone talks
- Ramatane Lamamra received by Egypt’s President Abdel Fattah El-Sisi
- (Français) Les perspectives de renforcer les relations algéro-égyptiennes évoquées
- Lamamra arrives in Cairo as special envoy of President Tebboune