APS : Monday, 08 March 2021
ALGIERS- Minister of Justice Belkacem Zeghmati said Monday that Algeria announced its candidacy for the presidency of the special committee on the drafting of a comprehensive international convention
against the use of information and communications technologies (ICT) for criminal purposes.
Taking part in the 14th United Nations Congress on Crime Prevention and Criminal Justice in Kyoto, Japan, Zeghmati said that Algeria “is deeply concerned about the alarming rise in cybercrime, welcomes the establishment of the special committee to develop a comprehensive international convention on combating the criminal use of information and communications technologies (ICT), under UN General Assembly Resolution 74/247.”
He noted that Algeria had submitted its candidacy for the chairmanship of this committee.
The minister, who was speaking in a video conference, said that Algeria, while welcoming the theme chosen for the congress, “remains convinced that sustainable development and the supremacy of law are intimately linked.”
- Croatia’s FM hails Algeria’s peacemaking efforts in region
- President Tebboune receives Croatian Foreign Minister
- Croatian FM dubs Algeria as key partner, commends its role in region’s stability
- Benabderrahmane received by Tunisian president
- President Tebboune receives president of State of Palestine