APS : Friday, 12 January 2018
BRUSSELS (Belgium)- The Conference of Presidents of the European Parliament approved the creation of an Algeria-European Union (EU) joint parliamentary committee in order to raise the level of inter-parliamentary dialogue between the two institutions, said a European source.
The decision of the Presidents’ Conference of the European parliament, high body made up of leaders of political groups and the president of the European parliament, taken in the meeting held Thursday in Brussels, is “the fruit of a regular and sustained cooperation between the two legislative institutions for over 30 years,” said the source.
The creation of this committee “materializes the willingness expressed by the Algerian and European MPs on the occasion of the 15th inter-parliamentary meeting held in Algiers, on 3 November 2016, to raise the level of inter-parliamentary dialogue,” added the source.
The president of the European parliament’s delegation for relations with Maghreb Countries (DMAG) Ines Ayala Sender hailed, during a DMAG meeting held on the same day, the decision of the Presidents’ Conference which will strengthen political dialogue and Algeria-EU bilateral dialogue.”
- (Français) Poste et Télécommunications : une application mobile sur la bataille d’Alger
- (Français) Révision Annuelle de la Liste Electorale
- Lamamra received by Tunisian President, as President Tebboune’s special envoy
- AU Extraordinary Summit: Algeria affirms its support for industrialization in Africa
- Benabderrahmane represents President Tebboune in 17th AU Extraordinary Summit on Industrialization