APS : Wednesday, 14 December 2016
PARIS- Algeria’s commitment in the fight against terrorism is “without reserve” for the international cooperation, said Minister of Maghreb Affairs, African Union and Arab League Abdelkader Messahel in an interview to Arabies magazine.
“Today, our commitment is without reserve for intense bilateral, regional and international cooperation in the fight against terrorism,” he told the monthly Arabies, in its special issue Algeria.
The minister said that the Algerian people and government hope that “no country experiences the tragedy Algeria lived through and this can be realized only through the setting up of this cooperation.”
“The victory achieved by Algeria against terrorism is another motivation to remain attentive to what is happening in our immediate and far geopolitical environment. This is why priority is always given to high level of vigilance of the population and the security services and the densification of cooperation in various fields and through large number of partners and regional and international organizations,” he explained.
Recalling the painful decade of terrorism lived through by Algeria and the heavy price in human loss and immense destructions in the economic field “are worth billions,” the minister said that Algeria’s constant effort in terms of counterterrorism through its early deployment through several regional and international initiatives, “aiming the emergence of international response strategy to counter a global threat.”
- Belhimer: Algeria attaches particular importance to media role in defense of Arab questions
- (Français) Boukadoum prend part à la réunion consultative des ministres arabes des AE
- (Français) Patrimoine : Toufik Hamoum reconduit à la tête du Conseil consultatif de l’Unesco
- Renewable energy: Algeria has Africa’s third largest installed capacity in 2020
- Setting up by 2035 of strategy to combat desertification