APS : Thursday, 18 February 2016
ALGIERS- Algeria has developed “extremely sophisticate and strong” prevention mechanisms, affirmed Thursday the European Union (EU) Counter-Terrorism Coordinator Gilles de Kerchove, underlining the reflection work on de-radicalisation to eradicate this scourge.
“You have developed extremely sophisticated and strong prevention mechanisms” in terms of the fight against terrorism and “poles of expertise which can be very useful” for EU, said Kerchove in an interview with El Watan newspaper.
He added that Algeria has developed “poles of expertise” which can be very useful to us, I think about the reflection work on de-radicalisation,” ensuring that Algeria “has a regional responsibility” because “the more it gets involved in the region, the better it is for us.”
Questioned on a possible military intervention in Libya notably of Americans, he affirmed that “EU’s position which is not entitled to speak about the necessity of an intervention, because it is not a military force but that of a support to efforts of the constitution, as quickly as possible, of a Libyan government.”
- Minister Attaf receives ANC Secretary General
- Denial by the general directorate of Communication, Information and Documentation-Mali
- Minister Attaf receives President of AfCHPR
- Holding of the 1st session of Algerian-Azerbaijani political consultations
- Minister ATTAF receives the Special Representative of the Secretary-General and Head of the United Nations Mission in Libya