APS : Friday, 11 March 2016
CONSTANTINE – A week of cultural activities named “Taste of America” will allow the Old Rock city public to discover, from March 24 to 28, many aspects of the US culture, said Friday a diplomatic source.
This American participation in the “Constantine, capital of Arab culture” event includes a variety of cultural and educational shows that “will help promote better understanding between the United States and Algeria,” said a statement from the US Embassy in Algiers.
“A taste of America” is also intended to “encourage the appreciation of traditions, history and customs of the other, and celebrate the contributions of Arab Americans to all aspects of the American life.”
The programme contains a photo exhibition and conferences organized in partnership with the Arab American National Museum Talk of Michigan, concerts and workshops with the American group of jazz and blues “Circular Time.”
Educational activities will be organized by the Resource and information center of the UN Embassy. “American Corners Got Talent”, art shows with the participation of singer Hakim Salhi and the projection of American films are also in the menu of the event.
- Lamamra partakes in 76th session of UN General Assembly
- President Tebboune receives Vice President of Libyan Presidential Council
- Lamamra, V. Muraleedharan discuss issues of common interest
- Algeria, Mauritania reaffirm determination to strengthen bilateral cooperation
- UN: Algeria calls for promotion of peace, stability worldwide