APS : Sunday, 25 September 2022
NEW YORK (United Nations)-China welcomes Algeria’s membership in the BRICS family, Foreign Minister Wang Yi said Saturday in New York, stressing that Algeria is a “great developing country” and
a “representative of emerging economies.”
“China supports Algeria in its role as rotating president of the Arab League and in the successful holding of the Arab Summit. It also welcomes its membership in the BRICS family,” said Wang, quoted Sunday by the New China Agency, after he met with the Minister of Foreign Affairs and National Community Abroad, Ramtane Lamamra, on the sidelines of the 77th session of the United Nations (UN) General Assembly (GA).
BRICS is the acronym for the bloc of emerging markets comprising Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa. Its presidency is held this year by Beijing.
Yi said that his country was “willing to work with Algeria to play a constructive role in achieving world peace and development.”
- President de la République holds talks in New York with his Turkish counterpart
- President Tebboune calls for new world order ensuring equality, cooperation among nations
- President of the Republic highlights Algeria’s achievements
- Non-permanent membership in Security Council: President Tebboune emphasizes Algeria’s awareness of responsibility incumbent upon it
- President de la République holds talks in New York with his Iranian counterpart