APS : Wednesday, 07 October 2020
ALGIERS- The chief of Spain’s civil guard, Maria Gamez Gamez, is in Algiers for a visit to Algeria as part of the military cooperation between the two countries, the ministry of National Defense said in a statement.
“The director of the Spanish Guardia Civil arrived in Algeria on Tuesday, 6 October 2020, for a one-day visit as part of military cooperation between Algeria and Spain,” the statement said.
“General Gouasmia Noureddine, Commander of the National Gendarmerie received the director of the Spanish Guardia Civil and the delegation accompanying her, at the headquarters of the Gendarmerie Command,” the ministry of National Defence said.
In a working meeting, the two sides discussed ways and means of cooperation and exchange of expertise between the National Gendarmerie and its Spanish counterpart, in the field of public security and the fight against organized crime.”
The second stage of the visit took place “at the headquarters of the Naval Forces Command, where the delegation was received by General Chaalal Abdelaziz, Commander of the National Coast Guard Service, which is under the Naval Forces Command,” according to the statement.
In this respect, a working meeting was devoted to “areas of cooperation and coordination between the two countries on maritime safety, in addition to the visit of floating coastguard units.”
- (Français) Décès de Abdallah Lahbib Bilal: Tebboune présente ses condoléances à son homologue sahraoui
- President Tebboune, Kais Saied hold phone talks
- Ramatane Lamamra received by Egypt’s President Abdel Fattah El-Sisi
- (Français) Les perspectives de renforcer les relations algéro-égyptiennes évoquées
- Lamamra arrives in Cairo as special envoy of President Tebboune