APS : WEDNESDAY 06 JANUARY 2021
ALGIERS-General Staff of the Mauritanian Armies, Major General Mohamed Bamba Ould Meguet on Tuesday started a three-day working visit to Algeria, said the National Defence Ministry in a communiqué.
“As part of military cooperation between Algeria and Mauritania, General Staff of the Mauritanian Armies, Major General Mohamed Bamba Ould Meguet arrived in Algiers on Tuesday for a three-day working visit,” said the source.
On the first day of his visit, Major General Mohamed Bamba Ould Meguet visited the military car manufacturing plant in Tiaret (2nd Military Region) where a delegation was received by the Deputy Major General of the Commander of the 2nd Military Region.
“The delegation then listened to a presentation by the plant general manager on its activities and the key role it plays in developing the military industry under the far-sighted approach of the Army High Command aimed at keeping pace with technological development in this strategic sector,” said the source.
“Moreover, the delegation also visited the plant’s workshop where it received explanations on manufacturing steps and methods. Major General Mohamed Bamba Ould Meguet admired the manufacturing process and technological development achieved by the plant,” said the communiqué.
Following his visit, Major General Mohamed Bamba Ould Meguet signed the plant’s guest book.
- UNGA: Process of building new Algeria continues resolutely under leadership of President Tebboune
- (Français) Les efforts de l’Algérie pour régler les crises internationales salués
- Lamamra holds talks with Chinese counterpart
- Lamamra received, in New York, by East Timor’s President
- Algerian diplomacy regains position, says President Tebboune