Celebration of the 63rd anniversary of the outbreak
of the November 1, 1954 Revolution
In collaboration with the Algerian Embassy in Sofia, the Bulgaria-Algeria Friendship Association celebrated, on the 30th of October 2017 at the Military Club of Sofia, the 63rd anniversary of the outbreak of the of national liberation war November 1st, 1954.
Before an audience including a representative of the Bulgarian Foreign Ministry, friends of Algeria, members of the Algeria-Bulgaria Friendship Association, and Algerian nationals residing in Bulgaria, the President of the Association Algeria-Bulgaria Friendship read a letter of congratulations addressed to His Excellency Mr. Abdelaziz Bouteflika, President of the People’s Democratic Republic of Algeria.
In her speech, HE Latifa Benazza, Ambassador of Algeria to Bulgaria, recalled the sacrifices of the Algerian people during the Revolution and the beneficial effects of independence on the country’s economic, industrial, cultural and social development.
The historical relations between Bulgaria and Algeria were highlighted during this friendly meeting.
A documentary featuring a virtual tour of Algiers was screened, followed by Bulgarian traditional songs and dances.
A cocktail was offered to the participants.
- Algeria willing to support Libya in resolving some issues, says President Tebboune
- Lamamra starts working visit to Ethiopia
- President Tebboune grants audience to President of Libya’s Presidential Council
- Lamamra received by President Sahle-Work Zewde of Ethiopia
- Lamamra received by Tunisian President, Kais Saied