Celebrating the National Day of the Algerian Muslim Scouts movement: May 27, 1941
Algeria in Bulgaria celebrates today, May 27, 2021, the National Day of the Muslim Scouts which coincides with the anniversary of the death of Mohamed Bouras, a Martyr and founder of the scout movement in Algeria.
The Martyr founded the Algerian Muslim Scouts movement (SMA) in 1936, to train generations of young people by instilling in them the values of discipline and solidarity as well as the principles of citizenship. The objective was to strengthen social cohesion, anchor citizenship, develop the skills of young people and encourage volunteering and social assistance.
The movement created by Mohamed Bouras played an important role in the struggle of our People to recover its sovereignty. It contributed to the awareness and preparedness of the pioneers of the nationalist movement by growing a generation of heroes committed to the values and principles of nationalism that French colonialism attempted to destroy.
Several figures of the revolution passed through the scout movement, in particular the martyrs Larbi Ben M’hidi, Zighoud Youcef, and Didouche Mourad, as well as the first martyr to have fallen on the field of honor while waving the national flag during the demonstrations of May 8, 1945, Mohamed Saâl, member of the SMA.
- (Français) Le Président Tebboune adresse un message écrit à l’Emir de l’Etat du Qatar
- (Français) Algérie-Italie : de nouveaux acquis dans le processus de renforcement des relations stratégiques
- (Français) Le Président Tebboune souligne la convergence des vues entre l’Algérie et l’Italie autour des questions régionales
- (Français) Giorgia Meloni: l’Algérie, partenaire important et fiable de l’Italie
- President Tebboune: Algeria intends to strengthen its strategic partnership with Italy