APS : Monday, 17 February 2020
ALGIERS- Prof. Bouzid Lazhari has been elected to the presidency of the UN Human Rights Council Advisory Committee (HRCAC) in Geneva, the council said Monday in a statement.
“Bouzid Lazhari has been elected by acclamation to the presidency of the Advisory Committee of the UN Human Rights Council, in the 24th session held in Geneva,” the statement said.
The Advisory Committee is a consultative body of the Human Rights Council. It is made up of 18 experts serving in their individual capacity.
Established to function as a think-tank for the Council and work at its direction, the Advisory Committee provides expertise to the Council in the manner and form requested by it.
It mainly focuses on studies and research-based advice.
Constitutionalist and former member of the Council of the Nation (upper house of Parliament), Lazhari Bouzid was elected late October 2019 chairman of the National Council of Human Rights.
- (Français) اعلان هـــام للصحفيين البلغار
- (Français) Journée mondiale du travail: Message du président de la République aux travailleurs algériens
- Blinken commends Algeria’s role in promoting stability in Sahel, Libya
- Boukadoum holds phone talks with American counterpart
- (العربية) اعلان هـــام للصحفيين البلغار