APS : Thursday, 07 January 2021
ALGIERS- Foreign Minister Sabri Boukadoum received Thursday in Algiers the US Assistant Secretary of State for Near Eastern Affairs, David Schenker, the ministry said in a statement.
“Foreign Minister Sabri Boukadoum has received in audience, today, US Assistant Secretary of State for Near Eastern Affairs, David Schenker, who is on a working visit to Algeria on 6-7 January 2021,” the statement said.
“The meeting has been an opportunity to make a comprehensive and frank assessment of the Algerian-US relations in various areas of cooperation.”
“The two officials had a lengthy discussion on regional and international issues of common interest, including Western Sahara, Mali, Libya, the situation prevailing in the Sahel region and the Middle East,” the statement said.
“In this respect, Boukadoum stressed the nature of the role expected of the United States to advance the causes of peace at both regional and international levels, in the impartiality required by current challenges,” the statement concluded.
- Algeria, Mauritania reaffirm determination to strengthen bilateral cooperation
- UN: Algeria calls for promotion of peace, stability worldwide
- Lamamra received by Mauritanian President
- Lamamra received by Niger’s Prime Minister Mahamadou Ouhoumoudou in Niamey
- Lamamra received in Niamey by President Mohamed Bazoum