APS : Friday, 13 January 2023
ALGIERS- Zwelivelile Mandela, the grandson of late South African leader Nelson Mandela, extended a message of thanks to president of the Republic Abdelmadjid Tebboune and to the Algerian people for naming the new stadium of Baraki after Nelson Mandela.
“We thank President of the Republic Abdelmadjid Tebboune, the Algerian government and people for the inauguration of the new stadium Nelson Mandela and we wish them good luck for the African Nations Championship (CHAN 2022),” wrote Zwelivelile Mandela in his message.
“It is a timely reminder of the high esteem that President Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela enjoys in Algeria, African continent and in the world. He considered Algeria as his second home and the home of all the revolutionaries in Africa. We commend this gesture by continuing the struggle for a united Africa and a better world,” he added.
Zwelivelile Mandela saluted “the Algerian leaders and people for their contribution to our freedom and for their continued solidarity on issues of strategic importance, notably the support to the Palestinian struggle and to the right of the Sahrawi people to self-determination.”
“We wish good luck to Algeria for CHAN 2022 and call on the South African government to honor the icons of the Algerian and African struggle against the colonialist occupation,” he added.
- (English) President de la République holds talks in New York with his Turkish counterpart
- (English) President Tebboune calls for new world order ensuring equality, cooperation among nations
- (English) President of the Republic highlights Algeria’s achievements
- (English) Non-permanent membership in Security Council: President Tebboune emphasizes Algeria’s awareness of responsibility incumbent upon it
- (English) President de la République holds talks in New York with his Iranian counterpart