APS : Monday, 28 January 2019
TINDOUF-The 3rd Algerian commercial caravan took the road from Tindouf to Nouakchott (Mauritania) in the presence of Trade Regional Director and provincial authorities in Tindouf.
The caravan, which departed from Algiers on 23 January to arrive in Nouakchott on 31 January, consists of 16 trucks belonging to the Freight Transport and Logistics Group (LogiTrans), the Trade Ministry said in a communiqué.
The ministry stressed that the caravan was part of the government’s programme to promote Algerian products, encourage non-hydrocarbon exports and enhance trade between Algeria and Mauritania after the opening of the land border post “Chahid Mustapha Benboulaid.”
Carrying a quantity of 370 tonnes of various Algerian products, including food products, plastic products and packaging items, the caravan will travel 3,500 km to Nouakchott in nine days, including 1,800 km on the national territory and the rest on the Mauritanian territory.
- (English) Algeria, Mauritania reaffirm determination to strengthen bilateral cooperation
- (English) UN: Algeria calls for promotion of peace, stability worldwide
- (English) Lamamra received by Mauritanian President
- (English) Lamamra received by Niger’s Prime Minister Mahamadou Ouhoumoudou in Niamey
- (English) Lamamra received in Niamey by President Mohamed Bazoum