APS : Wednesday, 12 May 2021
ALGIERS-President of the Republic Abdelmadjid Tebboune received Tuesday a phone call from his Turkish counterpart Recep Tayyip Erdogan who wished him and the Algerian people “more progress and prosperity”
on the occasion of Eid al-Fitr, the Presidency of the Republic said in a communiqué.
“President of the Republic Abdelmadjid Tebboune received today a phone call from his brother, President of the Republic of Turkey Recep Tayyip Erdogan who wished him and the Algerian people more progress and prosperity on the occasion of the Eid al-Fitr,” said the statement.
“President Tebboune also offered his best wishes to his counterpart and the Turkish people,” said the statement.
The two presidents exchanged “views on the latest developments in the occupied territories of Palestine and agreed on the imperative cessation of Zionist attacks targeting the defenseless Palestinian people and its sacred symbols,” said the source.
The telephone conversation “was an opportunity for the President of the Republic and his Turkish counterpart to review the situation in Libya, in the light of new data and prospects. The two presidents agreed to hold a meeting in the near future to avoid any escalation that could jeopardize the achievements made so far.
In order to promote bilateral relations and give them a new impetus in several areas, the two emphasized “the need to re-launch the Great Joint Committee of Cooperation as soon as possible in the best interests of both countries.”
- (English) Lamamra, Jerandi discuss epidemiological situation in phone conversation
- (English) Lamamra-Di Maio phone talks on key partnership-related events
- (English) Algeria-China: Timetable for implementation of bilateral priority agreements
- (English) Algeria-China: Convergence of views on many international issues
- (English) President Tebboune receives Chinese Foreign Minister