APS : SUNDAY 30 MAY 2021
ALGIERS- President of the Republic, Abdelmadjid Tebboune received, on Sunday, Head of the Libyan government of national unity, Abdelhamid Dbeiba, on a visit to Algeria,
accompanied by a large delegation, the Presidency of the Republic said in a statement.
The talks focused on the “ways and means to intensify and strengthen bilateral cooperation in all areas, including security coordination, the fight against cross-border crime, the protection of common borders, as well as the intensification of trade, through the opening of airspace and other avenues that can be opened,” the statement read.
According to the same source, the visit constituted “an opportunity to reaffirm the pivotal role of Algeria in the consolidation of inter-Libyan reconciliation and the completion of the political settlement process, being the only way to guarantee sovereignty of the Libyan State and its territorial unity”.
- (Français) Décès de Abdallah Lahbib Bilal: Tebboune présente ses condoléances à son homologue sahraoui
- (English) President Tebboune, Kais Saied hold phone talks
- (English) Ramatane Lamamra received by Egypt’s President Abdel Fattah El-Sisi
- (Français) Les perspectives de renforcer les relations algéro-égyptiennes évoquées
- (English) Lamamra arrives in Cairo as special envoy of President Tebboune