APS : Monday, 16 April 2018
DHAHRAN (Saudi Arabia)- Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas welcomed Sunday in Dhahran (Saudi Arabia) Algeria’s “consistent” position, under the leadership of President of the Republic Abdelaziz Bouteflika,
in favor of the Palestinian cause and its “permanent concern to support the brotherly Palestinian people.”
Mahmoud Abbas made a speech during his meeting with Speaker of the Council of the Nation Abdelkader Bensalah, who represented President Bouteflika in the Arab Summit of Dhahran.
The two sides reviewed the situation in the occupied Palestinian territories, notably in al-Quds.
Bensalah reiterated “Algeria’s full solidarity as well as ongoing support to the brotherly Palestinian people for the restoration of their legitimate rights, notably their rights to establish an independent State with al-Quds as capital.
He also underlined Algeria’s support to the efforts of the Palestinian diplomacy for the mobilization of the international support against the Israeli escalation.
The meeting took place in the presence of Minister of Foreign Affairs Abdelkader Messahel.
- (English) Lamamra partakes in 76th session of UN General Assembly
- (English) President Tebboune receives Vice President of Libyan Presidential Council
- (English) Lamamra, V. Muraleedharan discuss issues of common interest
- (English) Algeria, Mauritania reaffirm determination to strengthen bilateral cooperation
- (English) UN: Algeria calls for promotion of peace, stability worldwide