APS : MONDAY 12 MARCH 2018
ALGIERS- The 22nd International Traditional Craft Show (SIAT 2018) is to open Tuesday at the Exhibition Centre of Algiers, under the slogan “handicraft in support of sustainable economy”
with the participation of 430 Algerian and 11 foreign craftsmen.
Organized by the National Agency of Traditional Craft (ANART), under the high patronage of President of the Republic, the show, to run until March 19, is meant to be an opportunity for Algerian craftsmen to shed light on the various local craft products, which are both a “genuine cultural and civilizational heritage, in addition to its role in establishing bridges between craftsmen,” organizers said.
The show, according to the sources, is intended to “step up cooperation between the different operators in hotel and tourist industry to encourage them to include handicraft in tourist project.
Tourist project holders, mainly in the decoration and furnishing of hotels, are invited to devote an area within hotels for the promotion of the rich and varied traditional craft items.”
Organized by the ministry of Tourist and Craft Industry, the cultural and economic event will emphasize “the significant role of the industry in the development of national economy.”
It will also contribute to “making local traditional products known and giving a fresh impetus to exchange of expertise and knowledge between Algerian and foreign craftsmen,” according to the event’s organizers.
- (English) Algeria, Mauritania reaffirm determination to strengthen bilateral cooperation
- (English) UN: Algeria calls for promotion of peace, stability worldwide
- (English) Lamamra received by Mauritanian President
- (English) Lamamra received by Niger’s Prime Minister Mahamadou Ouhoumoudou in Niamey
- (English) Lamamra received in Niamey by President Mohamed Bazoum