APS : Tuesday, 21 February 2017
ALGIERS- Parliamentary State Secretary to the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy Uwe Karl Beckmeyer underlined Monday, in Algiers, his country’s willingness to further strengthen the Algerian-German cooperation in various fields.
“We hope to strengthen and improve the relations between Algeria and Germany and also between Algeria and Europe, and contribute to Algeria’s development and prosperity,” he said following the talks he held with Minister of Housing, Urban Planning and the City and Interim Trade Minister Abdelmadjid Tebboune.
The German official emphasized the need to strengthen ties of partnership and cooperation between the two countries in vocational training and job creation through joint industrial projects.
Sovac-Volkswagen project to create a car assembly plant of this make in Algeria enshrines the bilateral partnership which will help creating jobs and transferring technology, added Beckmeyer who will co-chair Tuesday with Minister of Industry and Mining Abdesselem Bouchouareb the Algerian-German Joint Committee and the business forum between the companies of both countries.
For his part, Tebboune said that the Germans are, since the independence, important partners of Algeria, considering particularly the German industrial expertise which is internationally recognized.
“The transfer of technology can only come from countries like Germany. The Germans are Algeria’s important partners since the independence, we should also point out that the best equipment imported by Algeria came from Germany,” underlined Tebboune.
- (English) Boukadoum reaffirms Algeria’s unconditional support to Palestinian people
- (English) President Tebboune congratulates Guterres for his re-election as UN Secretary General
- (English) Antalya Diplomacy Forum: Boukadoum takes part in two debates
- (Français) Forum économique algéro-libyen et Foire des produits algériens destinés au marché libyen: Cérémonie en l’honneur des organisateurs
- (English) Belhimer: Algeria attaches particular importance to media role in defense of Arab questions