APS : Thursday, 15 September 2016
HAMBURG- The short film “Kindil El Bahr” by French-Algerian filmmaker Damien Ounouri has been selected at the 24th Filmfest of Hamburg (north of Germany ), scheduled from 29 September to 8 October, according to the festival’s organizers.
Released in 2016, the film is scheduled alongside other works from Egypt, Poland, Iran and Canada in “Kaleidoscope,” one of the thirteen sections of the festival devoted to films suggesting “human ideas in different cultures and political contexts,” according to the event’s website.
Based on a script co-written by the filmmaker and actor Adila Bendimred, the film deals, while drawing inspiration from the codes of the fantasy cinema, with women’s conditions through the story of Nafissa, beaten to death by a group of men on a beach.
Welcomed by critics in Algeria and abroad, the film was screened in May at the Directors’ Fortnight in 69th Cannes Film Festival and recently at the 14th Film Meetings of Bejaia, held in September.
- (English) President Tebboune awards Medal of National Merit to Italian counterpart
- (English) Algeria-Italy: Convergence of views on all issues of common interest
- (English) Algerian-Italian relations “strong,” “strategic”
- (English) Algeria, Italy sign three agreements in various fields
- (English) Algeria-Italy: Tebboune-Mattarella discussions, extended to delegations of both countries