APS : Monday, 08 February 2021
ALGIERS- Minister of Foreign Affairs Sabri Boukadoum held Sunday a working session with Vice President of Switzerland, Head of the Swiss Federal Department of Foreign Affairs Ignazio Cassis which
focused on the historical bilateral relations between the two countries and ways to promote them in all fields.
The two sides welcomed the “particular nature of these relations, the level of bilateral cooperation and opportunities offered on both sides, to support the economic and commercial exchanges,” said Boukadoum at the end of the meeting.
The working session between Boukadoum and Ignazio Cassis as well as the delegations of the two countries dealt with several regional and international issues of common interest, notably the situation in Libya, Sahel and Western Sahara.
Ignazio Cassis started Sunday a working visit to Algeria at the invitation of Foreign Minister Sabri Boukadoum, which is part of the strengthening of the cooperation ties between Algeria and Switzerland.
As part of this visit, the Head of the Swiss Federal Department of Foreign Affairs Ignazio Cassis as well as the delegation accompanying him will have meetings with other top political officials and will be received by Prime Minister Abdelaziz Djerad, according to a communiqué of Foreign Affairs Ministry.
- (English) Commemoration of The knowledge Day “Youm El-Ilm” – April 16
- (Français) Yaoum El Ilm: Message du Président de la République
- (English) Algeria condemns assassination of Sidi Brahim Ould Sidati
- (English) President Tebboune holds phone talks with Nigerien counterpart
- (English) President Tebboune receives Malian Foreign Minister